Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Show & Tell

Some days, I have some really smart and really wise Facebook friends. My friend Linda shared this little gem today:

"I remember loving Show & Tell, because when a person brought something that was cool to them, it gave me a glimpse of who they were and I could know them better. If we allow Him, I believe that God wants us to be His show and tell...use us to help others to know Him better."

What a great picture. It got me thinking: What am I bringing for Show & Tell?

I'm not sure what people see when they look at me, but I can guarantee it isn't always a glistening reflection of God's love and grace.
God, please help me with that.

I know a lot of people don't like Christians, not because they have anything against God, but because they think we are a bunch of cherry-picking hypocrites who twist pieces of scripture into intricate origami figures resembling whatever want.

That was made pretty clear to me on another Facebook thread this week. A friend posted about the controversial Lane Bryant magalog, to which a "Christian" responded with a "Jesus Juke" that started a heated discussion. Lines such as "that's what is wrong with organized religion" and "aren't Christians supposed to be loving and compassionate" peppered the thread.

As Christians, can we all try do a little better letting God's light shine in? Help us with that God, would you please?

Thank you Linda, for sharing your insight and reminding us all to bring better things to Show & Tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment